I am USC- filing for a mother who overstayed visitors visa. Do I need to included I-485A and pay the penalty?

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

Also, part b of I-485- is it option A (an immigrant petition giving me an immediate ..visa..)?

1. Christopher Michael Casazza

7

Answered . No, an i485A is not required. The 484A is used in limited circumstances. If your mother lawfully entered on a visitor's visa, her overstay is waived because she is an immediate relative. I suggest you contact an experienced immigration attorney for more information.

2. Stephen D. Berman

7

Answered . No.

3. Irene Vaisman

Pro

6

Answered . I-485A is for something else
    she is an immediate relative

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  4. Bindi Chintan Parikh

6

Answered . No.

5. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . NO ... that form isn't needed.

YES ... you should consult with an attorney. As you can see, this isn't a simple matter of filing in some forms.

6. Karen-Lee Pollak

4

Answered . Consult an attorney. You may be causing your mother more harm than good.