I am USA citizen i want to transmit USA citizenship to my daughter who lives over see.

Asked 8 months ago - Nashville, TN

i am USA citizen i want to transmit USA citizenship to my daughter who lives over see.my daughter was born two month ago. I was told i have to provided proof of physical presence for five year before my daughter was born.now my question is about the "physical presence in USA requirement ". is that mean i have to prove that i lived in USA " for five years continuously" with out leaving the USA even for single day? i got married 2 years ago my wife lives oversee.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . The five years physical presence requirement refers to the years you spent (or did not spend)i in the US during your adolescent years; does not concern itself with the present. You can obtain the documentary proof therefor by retrieving your school records, medical visit, vaccination records, taxes, etc.

2. Andrei Romanenko

1

Answered . Your brief and casual departures from the United States will not interrupt your physical presence.

3. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

Answered . "Brief and casual absence" should not interrupt continuity during the 5 years in question. Don't forget 2 of the years will have to have occurred after your 14th birthday. You should double-check in person with an immigration attorney if you had frequent travels during the period in question.