I am us citizen i want to apply for immigration I-130 for my father in law. how long does it take to get him into usa?

Detroit, MI |

his age around 52 years, and married.

Unfortunately, you are not eligible to file an I-130 for your father in law. You are only eligible to file for your father, mother, spouse, child, brother, or sister. In-laws, unfortunately, are not included.

Perhaps if your spouse is a US Citizen or permanent resident, your spouse could file. Or perhaps your father in law has another relative who might be able to file for him.

Michael Carlin
Immigration Attorney

Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC
3365 Washtenaw Avenue, Suite 209
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
Phone: 734.369.3131
Fax: 734.259.4801
Website: mcarlinlaw.com Sitio en español: mcarlinlaw.com/es/
Email: mike@mcarlinlaw.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mcarlinlaw Twitter: twitter.com/mcarlinlaw

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

Michael Hugh Carlin

Michael Hugh Carlin

I'm sorry. I misstated something. Your spouse would need to become a U.S. Citizen to become eligible to file for parents.

One cannot file an I-130 for one's father-in-law. However, your spouse can file an I-130 once your spouse has become a US citizen. It currently takes from 6 to 10 months until the beneficiary of an I-130 can travel to the US with an immigrant visa.

You cannot petition your father-in-law for a green card.

You cannot file for your father-in-law.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Right. Only adult citizens can petition for their parents. Parents-in-law don't count. When your wife becomes a U.S. citizen, then she can petition for her father.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration