I am us citizen i want to apply for immigration I-130 for my father in law. how long does it take to get him into usa?

Asked about 2 years ago - Detroit, MI

his age around 52 years, and married.

1. 5

Answered . Unfortunately, you are not eligible to file an I-130 for your father in law. You are only eligible to file for your father, mother, spouse, child, brother, or sister. In-laws, unfortunately, are not included.

Perhaps if your spouse is a US Citizen or permanent resident, your spouse could file. Or perhaps your father in law has another relative who might be able to file for him.

Michael Carlin
    Immigration Attorney

Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC
    3365 Washtenaw Avenue, Suite 209
    Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
    Phone: 734.369.3131
    Fax: 734.259.4801
    Website: mcarlinlaw.com Sitio en español: mcarlinlaw.com/es/
    Email: mike@mcarlinlaw.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/mcarlinlaw Twitter: twitter.com/mcarlinlaw

2. 4

Answered . You cannot petition your father-in-law for a green card.

3. 3

Answered . One cannot file an I-130 for one's father-in-law. However, your spouse can file an I-130 once your spouse has become a US citizen. It currently takes from 6 to 10 months until the beneficiary of an I-130 can travel to the US with an immigrant visa.

4. 2

Answered . You cannot file for your father-in-law.

5. 2

Answered . Right. Only adult citizens can petition for their parents. Parents-in-law don't count. When your wife becomes a U.S. citizen, then she can petition for her father.