I am under a L1A visa. As a US citizen my sister Can file a petition for long it will take for me to get the green card?

Glendale Heights, IL |

I got the SSN and will be in the US for the next three years under an employment contract.

As of October 1, 2013, more than 10 years for a priority date to become current for a sibling of a USC.

You may contact the Patel Law Firm at 301-806-6959. This is a general answer and does is not intended as final or legal advice. Please consult an immigration attorney to review the specific facts of your case.

Depending on your country of birth, it will take anywhere from 10-14 years.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

14 years

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Please familiarize yourself with the visa bulletin.

The answer provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice as not all facts are know by the attorney, nor does the answering of this question create an attorney client relationship.

Recommended articles about Employment