I am U.S citizen and would like to bring my brother in the US. What is the fastes way to do it?

Cleveland, OH |

In order to bring your brother to the U.S., you'll have to file a family petition for him. Once a visa becomes available for him, he'll be able to come here and get a green card. Unfortunately, that's not a very fast way to do it. The current wait time is around 11 years. If he wants to come more quickly, he'll have to find a way to do it on his own -- for example, through an employer who is willing to sponsor him.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.

Based on email is sibling petition. You may have other options if you have other family or employer or he has skills that would qualify him for doing pro se petition.

Filing an I-130 visa petition, getting it approved and then processing her through the National Visa Center and the U.S. consulate abroad. It should take anywhere from 7-9 months depending on how long USCIS takes to process the I-130 and how long the "line" will be at the consulate for immigrant visa interviews.

Recommended articles about Immigration