I am u.s. citizen can i apply for green card for my nephew.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Saint Louis, MO

Nephew lives in Pakistan , It is life threatning to live in Pakistan. Iwant to get him out of that country.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Unfortunately there is no category for a citizen to petition for his or her nephew. In some cases you may be able to petition for your brother or sister and list the nephew as a derivative beneficiary on the application, but you cannot petition for the nephew directly. Good luck!

    www.azitalaw.com - 312.641.0771 - The information above is general in nature and is not intended to create an... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . no such family category. He needs to look at other options

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,351 answers this week

3,598 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,351 answers this week

3,598 attorneys answering