I am u.s. citizen, daughter was born in Philippines and has a Philippine passport. Do I need anything for her to get into U.S.?

Daughter is in Philippines because my wife if filipino, but we both work in Kuwait. We are planning to go to Philippines to get daughter then to the U.S.

Indianapolis, IN -

Attorney Answers (3)

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

If you believe that your daughter is a US citizen, you must apply for a US passport for her.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Did you complete a Consular Report of Birth Abroad with the US Consul when she was born?

If not, try to do it now ... they may give you a hard time and it might take a long time.

Consider having an attorney assist you.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

If your quesiton is whether your daughter is a USC, here is a very good information on the issue. Based on your description, I believe she may be a USC at birth and you need to visit US consulate and claim her passport. Here is the criteria: One parent is a U.S. citizen at the time of birth and the birthdate is on or after November 14, 1986
The parents are married at the time of birth and the U.S. citizen parent had been physically present in the U.S. or its territories for a period of at least five years at some time in his or her life prior to the birth, of which at least two years were after his or her 14th birthday.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.