I am trying to serve court papers to my child father who lives in Minnesota and i in NYC. I only have his work address but he

Asked over 3 years ago - Staten Island, NY

is being served by mail. When served he states that he does not work there and return to sender. How can I get anyone from law enforcement in Minnesota to serve him in person?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . You have no right to free service of process by law enforcement. Rather, you need to retain someone (lawyer, and/or a process server company in Minnesota--i.e., a company that specializes in personally serving papers) to serve the papers and provide an affidavit of service that you can submit to the Court. The cost will vary depending upon the difficulty and time it takes to serve the papers.

    More importantly, why are you trying to do this on your own? If you are in some kind of family court proceeding, you need a lawyer to help you navigate through these matters.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,406 answers this week

3,792 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,406 answers this week

3,792 attorneys answering