I am trying to seek basic SSD info for a family member. Are any sources available that send info via snail mail?

Merritt Island, FL |

My older brother lives in Florida (I do not). He is not on e-mail and he is too intimidated to contact his local Social Security office to obtain even the most basic of information. I know that if he was sent the type of information found on the net (who qualifies, how to apply, etc.) that he would actually read it.. But I cannot find one source that will send info via snail mail.

Anyone have a clue who may send info via snail mail?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

You can log onto the Social Security website and they have most of the information that you are seeking on their website. You will just need access to a printer. If you brother does choose to file for disability, he will either need to go to a Social Security office in person; file online; or find someone to file for him -- many attorneys offer this service to their clients. Some attorneys only get involved in a Social Security Disability claim once the SSA has issued a denial.

If it was me, I'd get an attorney to handle the application considering your brother's demeanor. Many Social Security attorney specialists will take initial applications on a contingent fee basis. Attorney assisted applications usually have a much better chance of being approved without the delay and headache of multiple appeals. Additionally, since Social Security rules are voluminous and confusing, an attorney will have a much better idea if your brother should apply or not.