I am trying to receive my grants for college from my school. (Portland Community College, SE Campus)

Asked about 1 year ago - Portland, OR

In 4 days I will lose a $5,550 grant because the 2012 2013 financial aid will be over. I called the Gov. Fin
Aid people, and they said everything was in order. Can you help? Robert R Boyles

1. Jay Bodzin

1

1

Answered . You haven't really asked a question, here, which makes it hard to give an answer. (Please see this Guide: www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/five-tips-for-how... .) There isn't any information here on any legal dispute, so it's hard to say what options you have. At this point, it sounds more like a question for a financial aid counselor than a lawyer.

This board is not a place to plea for help. It's for specific questions, which may help you understand your legal situation. Attorneys are not likely to contact you directly (apart from replying with whatever advice they can give, of course). You'l have to take the initiative. Use the 'find a lawyer' tool on the site to find a few attorneys in your area, contact them, and set up meetings (or phone calls, or whatever works for you).

One other thing: You should never, ever post your real name on the internet, especially not on a public forum asking for legal advice. This is not private in any way. It could be found and traced back to you, and anything here could be used against you in the event of some sort of legal dispute. If I were you, I would email the site administrator and ask that this post be deleted, or redacted to remove the name.

Now that I've thoroughly chastised you, let me apologize, congratulate you on furthering your education, and wish you well. Education is incredibly, unfairly expensive these days. I'm just afraid that nothing you've said here indicates why you need legal advice.

Please read the following notice: