Skip to main content

I am trying to receive my grants for college from my school. (Portland Community College, SE Campus)

Portland, OR |
Filed under: Education law

In 4 days I will lose a $5,550 grant because the 2012 2013 financial aid will be over. I called the Gov. Fin
Aid people, and they said everything was in order. Can you help? Robert R Boyles

Attorney Answers 1


You haven't really asked a question, here, which makes it hard to give an answer. (Please see this Guide: .) There isn't any information here on any legal dispute, so it's hard to say what options you have. At this point, it sounds more like a question for a financial aid counselor than a lawyer.

This board is not a place to plea for help. It's for specific questions, which may help you understand your legal situation. Attorneys are not likely to contact you directly (apart from replying with whatever advice they can give, of course). You'l have to take the initiative. Use the 'find a lawyer' tool on the site to find a few attorneys in your area, contact them, and set up meetings (or phone calls, or whatever works for you).

One other thing: You should never, ever post your real name on the internet, especially not on a public forum asking for legal advice. This is not private in any way. It could be found and traced back to you, and anything here could be used against you in the event of some sort of legal dispute. If I were you, I would email the site administrator and ask that this post be deleted, or redacted to remove the name.

Now that I've thoroughly chastised you, let me apologize, congratulate you on furthering your education, and wish you well. Education is incredibly, unfairly expensive these days. I'm just afraid that nothing you've said here indicates why you need legal advice.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics