I am trying to find a lawyer who will take my case as a pro bono in the state of Georgia

Richmond Hill, GA |

its a criminal case

1. You might want to contact the public defender's office if you cannot afford to hire a lawyer.

2. Public Defenders are the pro bono criminal defense attorneys. Most private criminal defense attorneys will not take your case pro bono as they have to earn a living.

The information provided is not intended as legal advice and does not establish an attorney client relationship. If you are in the greater Sacramento area and wish a further consultation please contact me at (916)594-9442.

3. If you cannot afford an attorney, one may be provided to you by the State. If you are not satisfied with your appointed public defender, you're going to have to find a way to come up with the fee for a private attorney. Pro-bono on criminal cases is almost non-existent.

4. It is highly unlikely you will find one. Contact the public defender at your earliest opportunity.

5. I agree with the other posters. You will need to take the court appointed lawyer or come up with the money to hire a Private Lawyer.