I am the victim of fraud by a person(s). I need to know where to go for legal assistance.

Asked about 2 years ago - San Antonio, TX

Since 2010, I helped him financially with his promise of repaying me through a settlement he had and was selling. In September he faked his death and I was dealing with what I was told to be his lawyer and executor to his will. She was closing the sell and distributing the funds. Last Thursday he admitted he was alive and had been lying to me all this time. We're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars. My savings, retirement, investments and borrowed. I am in financial despare and I want whats due to me and punishment!

1. Robert V Cornish Jr.

2

Answered . You need to contact law enforcement, likely the US Attorney's office in San Antonio or your DA's office, since what likely went on involved numerous parties out of state. It would help to have a plan of action put together by an attorney so you can start taking steps to get the money back. You're likely going to have a tough road tracing what happened to the money, but if you sue, you need an attachment order filed simultaneously to make sure the funds aren't dissipated any further. You're also going to need to get a private investigator to trace bank accounts and the like.

2. Howard Robert Roitman

Answered . this is a type of Rip deal

The Rip Deal is a swindle very popular in Europe and is essentially a pigeon drop confidence trick. In a typical variation scammers will target, say, a jeweler, and offer to buy some substantial amount of his wares at a large markup provided he perform some type of under-the-table cash deal, originally exchanging Swiss francs for euros. This exchange goes through flawlessly, at considerable profit for the mark. Some time later the scammers approach the mark with a similar proposition, but for a larger amount of money (and thus a larger return for the mark). His confidence and greed inspired by the previous deal, the merchant agrees—only to have his money and goods taken, by sleight-of-hand This scam was depicted in the movie Matchstick Men.

The same term is used to describe a crime where a vendor (especially a drug dealer) is killed to avoid paying for goods. talk to law enforcment