I am the son of U.S citizen My priority date June 8, 2007 case type I130 Case aporoval What is next?

Asked over 1 year ago - Norwalk, CT

Approval notice

Married Son of U.S Citizen, 201(a) (3) INA

1. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

Answered . The next step is applying for your green card. However, you will have to wait until your priority date matches the cutoff date in the US State Department visa bulletin for your country of nationality. You have about a five year wait now unless you are Mexico or the Philippines which is about a twenty year wait. You may have other options and should consult with an immigration attorney.

2. Veronica Tunitsky

Answered . Waiting until priority date becomes available by checking here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_....

Of course you should already have consulted with an attorney to see if you'd be eligible to adjust status (if you're in the us) or what to expect and how to prepare for consular processing (if you're abroad).