I am the son of U.S citizen My priority date June 8, 2007 case type I130 Case aporoval What is next?

Asked over 1 year ago - Norwalk, CT

Approval notice

Married Son of U.S Citizen, 201(a) (3) INA

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Theodore John Murphy


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . The next step is applying for your green card. However, you will have to wait until your priority date matches the cutoff date in the US State Department visa bulletin for your country of nationality. You have about a five year wait now unless you are Mexico or the Philippines which is about a twenty year wait. You may have other options and should consult with an immigration attorney.

    The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be... more
  2. Veronica Tunitsky

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Waiting until priority date becomes available by checking here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_....

    Of course you should already have consulted with an attorney to see if you'd be eligible to adjust status (if you're in the us) or what to expect and how to prepare for consular processing (if you're abroad).

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,437 answers this week

3,246 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,437 answers this week

3,246 attorneys answering