I am the plaintiff in a civil federal case. I have a scheduling conference in the immediate future.

Asked about 1 year ago - Northridge, CA

I have no witnesses in my federal civil case only written evidence. In the Initial Disclosure what else will I be required to submit?

1. Eric Burton Strongin

Pro

1

Answered . You need to disclose witnesses, documents, damage computations and liability insurance, if applicable. As others have commented, you may need a witness to authenticate a document so that it may be received into evidence unless you can convince the other side to stipulate to its authenticity. SEE Federal RUles of Civil Procedure 26(a)(1).

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

2

Answered . Even though you only have written evidence, how under the Rules of Evidence will you get it admitted into the case? Most times you need witness testimony to authenticate and then to lay the foundation for the things to get admitted.

If you do not have a lawyer, I suggest you rethink your strategy if you desire success.