I am the LEGAL age of consent in Alabama but my boyfriend is 20 years old. my parents know we are together and they know we had

Cottondale, AL |

my parents are at a point where they dont mind me being with my 20 year old boyfriend. but i dont think they want to sign papers for us to get married. do i need their signature?

You would need to determine whether or not the legal age of consent is the legal age to be married without your parents or guardians permission, the agency which provides marriage licenses in your town will know that answer, my feeling is that you may be a couple years short of emancipation but please check and take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.