I am the head of household what do I do?

North Bergen, NJ |

Hello, l filled out my unemployment papers on 3/31/13 and after insisting forever they sent me a letter saying they were denying it but I could submit an appeal so I did on july first. They told me to wait 6 to 8 weeks at the unemployment office because I had to insist on an answer for this too. We are now on week 9 and they wont answer or change my status online, it still says pending. Im the head of household what do I do?

It's not clear from your question whether the status you're referring to is in the IRS system or the unemployment office. If it's the IRS, time to make a phone call to them. If the unemployment office then time for another visit. One way or the other it's government agencies involved so you'll need to be persistent.

Evan A. Nielsen is licensed to practice law in California and handles federal tax matters throughout the U.S. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice for a particular matter. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult an attorney.