I am the executrix and a remainderman,sister has life estate.Can i revoke life estate because of waste & no insurance?

Milledgeville, GA |

She's letting property go downhill and not keeping insurance up and has a .quitclaim deed. And there are three of us as remainderman.She claims it's her house and i can't do anything. She's wrong, so what are my options?

I'm confused by your statement that your sister has a quitclaim deed, but in general the beneficiary of a life estate has a duty not to waste the property. If she is doing so, and not maintaining insurance, contact a probate attorney who can review the appropriate documentation and outline your options.

All the best,

I hope this helps. If you think this post was helpful, please check the thumbs up (helpful) tab below. Thank you!

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates