I am the executor of my mothers estate , my siblings have started legal action against the estate,,HELP???florida,

Asked over 1 year ago - Leesburg, FL

my mother redid her trust and will about 3-4 monthes before she died,,she put nothing in the trust ,she had me on her accounts and had me as beneficiary on insurance and ira,,they are claiming she wasnt capable of making these decisions, i know she knew exactly what what she wanted,,,but they want the money and have a very aggresive lawyer and have stopped the insurance payout...i need someone smart and aggresive and will work for me

1. Christopher Quinn Wintter

8

Answered . It sounds like they are not suing the estate, it sounds like they are suing you. I suggest you immediately contact a Trust and Estate Trial attorney to advise you on this matter. Further, I suggest you do not ask questions on public forums as the information is accessable by your opponent.

Good Luck.

2. Thomas Michael Bates

7

Answered . Contact an attorney in your area that is board-certified in Wills, Estates & Trusts. You want a probate litigator - not just someone who does estate planning.

3. Donna R Blaustein

6

Answered . You are correct that you need an attorney to represent you. Look for someone in your area who is certified by the Florida Bar in Wills, Trusts and Estates. Make sure the attorney is a litigator and not an estate planner. Be prepared for an expensive battle. If there are not a lot of assets, your attorney may be able to work out a settlement.

4. James P. Frederick

6

Answered . You need to have an attorney to assist you in defending the funds. This is not something you should attempt to handle on your own. I would suggest that you contact Joe Pippen. If he cannot help you directly, he can send you to someone who can. Mr. Pippen is a prolific contributor to the Avvo community, and an outstanding lawyer. You can find his contact information at www.attypip.com

James Frederick