I am the defendant in a restraining order battle due to stalking and would like to avoid jail

Asked about 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

i was caught stalking my ex by her family and went to the police to fill out paperwork. they didnt want to press charges at the time and was released to go home. before i show up for my hearing i would like to know if criminal charges can be filed

1. David Philip Shapiro

Pro

1

Answered . Yes they can. Consult with a locally experienced criminal defense attorney, stop "stalking" your ex, and stop admitting guilt on public forums such as avvo.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555
  2. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

Answered . Agreed. They can file charges until the matter is closed or until it nears a trial date. And yes, stop admitting in public.