I am the defendant in a restraining order battle due to stalking and would like to avoid jail

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

i was caught stalking my ex by her family and went to the police to fill out paperwork. they didnt want to press charges at the time and was released to go home. before i show up for my hearing i would like to know if criminal charges can be filed

Attorney answers (2)

  1. David Philip Shapiro


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes they can. Consult with a locally experienced criminal defense attorney, stop "stalking" your ex, and stop admitting guilt on public forums such as avvo.

    Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555
  2. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Agreed. They can file charges until the matter is closed or until it nears a trial date. And yes, stop admitting in public.

    Thomas A. Schaeffer, Esq. Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216, San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,444 answers this week

2,815 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,444 answers this week

2,815 attorneys answering