I am the court appointed legal guardian for my adult daughter, she is now pregnant. Who will be the baby's legal guardian?

Asked 12 months ago - Roseburg, OR

She has a traumatic brain injury. Her decision making skills are not the best. Drs call it executive function

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Mindy S Stannard


    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . You should talk to a family law attorney that practices in the county where your daughter lives. I strongly recommend that you speak with an attorney before your daughter has the baby. Depending on the situation with the father, his legal rights also need to be considered.

    The information that I provide on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship with the individual asking... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,383 answers this week

2,791 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,383 answers this week

2,791 attorneys answering