I am tenant, my name on lease with another, they moved their child in & when they moved out the 18 did not, can i evict the chil

Jacksonville, FL |

My name and another on the lease, they moved their 18yo into our home, but when the other person who name on the lease moved out their child did not go with them and still there, not paying rent or anything.

1. Generally, NO. Only the LL can evict. You will need to speak with LL, though its possible the LL will evict BOTH of you if the lease does not allow people to move in other tenants without written approval from LL, for the exact reason you are confronted with.

2. Assuming the person was originally a "guest" and was never a "tenant," you might be able to bring an action to have the person removed. I recommend discussing the full details with an experienced landlord/tenant attorney.l

If this answer was Helpful or the Best Answer, please click above to let me know. Representing clients on Commercial & Residential Real Estate matters Statewide for over 13 years. Development / Purchasing / Leasing / Foreclosure / Eviction / HOA.