I am temporary green card holder and a victim of a domestic violence can i apply my mother?

Asked about 3 years ago - 11004

my social worker advice me to file for the VAWA so i get permanent green card right now m living in DV shelters i have 2 years old baby boy with me.. i done masters in business admn with speciallization in finance and marketing.. i need my mother this time m in problem i don't hav any friends and rtelative in USA so may be for a short period she can come on short time visa.. so she can take care of my baby and i can resolve my issues related to divorce and do job

i want her for some time not for green card... any of my document can help her so that she can apply for visa.. they don;t have good finanacial condition in india.. one of my known person here he is US citizen and earning large amt of money he is engineer.. he said that he can sponsor my parents will take aal the responsibility.. can this thing help me...

1. Stuart Jonas Reich

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . Well, you can't really sponsor her for a green card; there's no category for a permanent resident to sponsor a parent.

But, your mother can apply for a visitor visa to come temporarily to assist you. she'll need to prove her ongoing ties to her home country to demonstrate her intent to only stay a short time and then return home (job to return to, home abroad, etc.)

2. Richard C. Southard

Pro

Answered . Based on the facts that you present you cannot.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . No. To petition a parent you must be a US citizen.