I am switching medical clinics and I was wondering if I can pick my records up in person. I don't want them to fax my records

Asked over 1 year ago - Victoria, TX

because of privacy issues. I have a problem with an office worker and don't want her to know where I am going. Please help!

1. Paul Hilmon Cannon

2

Best Answer

Answered . Yes you can. They belong to you. Call ahead so they can get them copied then go get them.

2. Mickey David Larson

5

Answered . I am not licensed to practice in Texas, but I can't see that being a problem. Just make clear when you request them that you would prefer to pick them up rather than having them sent. I hope this helps. Good luck. Take care.

3. Kevin Coluccio

5

Answered . I would think so. Contact the medical office and let them know that you want a copy of the records. They will have you sign a HIPPA form.

Pro

4

Answered . You should be able to.

5. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

3

Answered . You have a right to a complete copy of your medical file. You can pick it up in person.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.