I am suspicious of the auto body shop that has had my car for 3 months.

Asked over 2 years ago - Oak Park, IL

I had an accident with front end damage on my Acura RDX 2007. The auto body shop has had my car for 3 months and I continue to get the run around as to when it will be done. My insurance company was in and agreed on the quote. The shop continues to tell me that they keep missing parts, they don't realize what they need especially with the electronics of the car so they haven't been ordering correctly or everything that is needed. They tell me it will done, but when I call to confirm they always push the date. They have said they took it to an Acura dealership to make sure the electonics were tested and correct, but then when I asked which place they took it "they couldn't remember". I find that the answers are not solid - it has been very stressful.

1. Andrew Ronald Gillin

Pro

13

Answered . I suggest you ask your auto insurance company to intervene. They will have more clout with the body shop than you will. Good Luck

2. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

11

Answered . I would yank it out of that garage ASAP.
    Also, get your insurer involved as some others have said.

If it's taking this long and you are thinking it stinks, you are probably right that it's not a good situation!

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
    Website: www.hofflawyer.com
    Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

Pro

12

Answered . I am sorry to hear about this long delay. You should hound them on a daily basis for progress updates on when they are getting the various parts. Good luck.

4. Paul Michael Veillon

10

Answered . It's very hard to trust a body shop. Some jobs really are difficult; other jobs should be straight-forward but the shop just really can't get the job done.

Ask the GM or owner for a face-to-face to get some answers and set a reliable expectation for your vehicle's complete date.

5. Joel Jay Kofsky

10

Answered . If your carrier is providing you with a rental car they are economically motivated to help you.
    Ask them to intervene and have the car removed to an Acura dealer certified in all electronic components.

http://www.phillyinjurylawyer.com/