Skip to main content

I am supposed to start 60 days of house arrest today,but jail said it takes three weeks. Can they hold me?

Quincy, CA |

I was told 60 days house arrest, NO JAIL time! I just got enrolled back into college and the jail is now telling me that the process will take three weeks and they will take me into custody? What can I do?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Go add your case on to calendar and request an extension.. Try to use a private company LCA and see if the court will accept that. Get an attorney to make the appearance for you.

  2. I concur. Immediately get your case added back on to calendar, and have your lawyer have someone from LCA, they do home monitoring and ankle monitoring, present in court. If you have been out all this time, the extension should be granted. That is as long as you have done everything to get the home monitoring in a timely manner.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics