I am suing my previous apartment for bedbug infestation and going to court can I win?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Downstairs was infested supervisor manger told me dont worry, I dont need to spray and that they cannot give my deposit back if there is no infestation without a 30 notice. less then a month my unit get infested the supervisor is no longer working there and I am bitten all over my back and I told them I am moving out they did not offer any treatment and the new supervisor was telling me to do heat treatment. it cost $1500 to do heat treatment for one unit. I cannot afford that. I ended throwing away all my furniture and just take my clothes and some boxes. I asked for $1600 in furniture cost and they only reinburst $710 for bed and sofa. I had two sofa one leather etc. I have lost so much money and we are taking it to court and the supervisor is telling me that they dont need to even payme

1. Adrienne Patricia Allen

3

Answered . It is worth a try. No one can guarantee the outcome however. Sue in small claims court where no one can have an attorney. Send a written demand to the landlord for the amout of money you are looking for and send i by certified mail, return receipt requested so you have proof of receipt. Make sure you have proof, such as photos, recepts for the items you are seeking reimbursement for. Good luck.