I am suing my previous apartment for bedbug infestation and going to court can I win?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Downstairs was infested supervisor manger told me dont worry, I dont need to spray and that they cannot give my deposit back if there is no infestation without a 30 notice. less then a month my unit get infested the supervisor is no longer working there and I am bitten all over my back and I told them I am moving out they did not offer any treatment and the new supervisor was telling me to do heat treatment. it cost $1500 to do heat treatment for one unit. I cannot afford that. I ended throwing away all my furniture and just take my clothes and some boxes. I asked for $1600 in furniture cost and they only reinburst $710 for bed and sofa. I had two sofa one leather etc. I have lost so much money and we are taking it to court and the supervisor is telling me that they dont need to even payme

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Adrienne Patricia Allen

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is worth a try. No one can guarantee the outcome however. Sue in small claims court where no one can have an attorney. Send a written demand to the landlord for the amout of money you are looking for and send i by certified mail, return receipt requested so you have proof of receipt. Make sure you have proof, such as photos, recepts for the items you are seeking reimbursement for. Good luck.

    I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,876 answers this week

3,038 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,876 answers this week

3,038 attorneys answering