I am staying in fore closer house. I did not get any eviction notice. How many days can i stay that house?

Naperville, IL |

My house went to fore close. I am stay same house. I did not get any eviction notice. How many days longer to live that house. Is there any time fame for eviction notice for naperville, il.

Some more information would be helpful in answering this question. 1) Are you the homeowner? 2) At what stage in the foreclosure process is your home? For example, has the case gone to judgment yet? Has the house already been sold at a sheriff's sale? Or have you just been served with the foreclosure complaint?

Depending on where you are in the process, you may have as little as weeks or months, to upwards of a year or more. If you have just been served with the complaint, and you hire a competent attorney, you can realistically stay in the house for at least another year.

Any information provided through this website should not be relied upon without first consulting your own attorney. Unless and until there is an agreement, in writing, establishing the formation of an attorney-client relationship, no such relationship exists between you and any attorney associated with J.L. Pyrz, Ltd.

Jason Lawrence Pyrz

Jason Lawrence Pyrz

Worky stuff. Talkin' to Z.

Jason Lawrence Pyrz

Jason Lawrence Pyrz

Please disregard the comment above. Posted inadvertently while teaching my daughter how to use the iPhone.

In sheriff sale bank bought that house. bank did not serve the eviction notice.

Jason Lawrence Pyrz

Jason Lawrence Pyrz

The next step after the sheriff's sale is for the bank to seek an order confirming the sale and an order of possession. In DuPage County, that normally happens within 2 weeks of the sale. That order of possession is all the bank needs to evict you. The order is placed with the DuPage County Sheriff who will then process the eviction. This could take weeks or, if you are lucky, months. I would suggest showing up to the hearing on the motion to confirm the sale, and ask the judge for extra time to move out. The default is usually 30 days, but I have seen judges grant 45 and even 60 days in special circumstances. Once that time runs out, the bank is allowed to have you evicted, as they are the owners of the property.

The sheriff sale is done on may 2012. I am planning to buy same house. because before house loan is not in my name we got divorce. I got pre approve amount $300k. I am asking them to sell. That is the reason what i did not know i did not get any eviction notice.

My son is studying 12th grade. that is the reason i want to stay little more. Is there any way to ask them to stay longer or buy the house.

Jason Lawrence Pyrz

Jason Lawrence Pyrz

There is no harm in finding out who is managing the property for the bank after the foreclosure, and asking about purchasing the home. The bank may or may not be interested in selling the home, but that is a conversation you need to have with them. Good luck, I hope things work out well for you and your son.