I am so frustrated!

Charlotte, NC |

I have never had to deal with our justice system but my hats off to lawyers. I have two charges with eeoc sexual harrassment and retaliation. I worked for large company whose management like to put hands all over us girls in front of everyone and anyone after I filed charge I was terminated. They admitted to sexual harrassment. A month after I was fired the president fired management for wrongfully firing me and another. I have been fighting for unployment. I live in small area and believe when apply for jobs getting bad reviews. I did them a outstanding job and can not get any legal advice so far I'm getting very run down. What usually happens and what do I need to do?

There are many good reasons for you to feel frustrated by the justice system. Your complaint sounds like a legitimate one, but having to wait so long to have your complaint investigated is frustrating. It usually takes many months for the EEOC to complete an investigation. If you are invited to participate in EEOC-sponsored mediation, this may also take some time and can be a very intimidating experience in itself if you do not have an attorney. There are also lengthy delays occurring in the unemployment benefits process in North Carolina. You should continue seeking out an attorney who is experienced with sexual harassment and retaliation cases to advise you. Representation and counsel from a qualified attorney should help to speed your case to a final resolution.

David Puryear is an employment attorney licensed in North Carolina with 29 years experience representing employees in employment law matters. He also accepts cases on behalf of employers. The answers provided here are for general public service information only and are not intended as legal advice in a specific case or the practice of law in any jurisdiction other than North Carolina. You should consult with an experienced employment attorney near you to receive legal advice about your personal situation.

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

If you haven't already done so, make an appointment to meet with an employment law attorney to ensure that your rights are asserted and protected.

I've re-tagged your question so that employment attorneys who handle discrimination and sexual harassment cases will see it. This post does not present issues of Education law.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Thank you

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

I agree with Attorney Puryear. You should consult with an experienced employment attorney.

Kirk J. Angel is an experienced North Carolina licensed attorney who focuses his practice on employment law. Mr. Angel, who has focused on employment law for more than 15 years, represents clients throughout North Carolina and more information about him is available at www.theangellawfirm.com This response is for general informational purposes and does not constitute legal advice. Additionally, this response does not create an attorney client relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact a lawyer in your state who practices in the appropriate area.

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

Recommended articles about Employment