I am so frustrated!

Asked over 1 year ago - Charlotte, NC

I have never had to deal with our justice system but my hats off to lawyers. I have two charges with eeoc sexual harrassment and retaliation. I worked for large company whose management like to put hands all over us girls in front of everyone and anyone after I filed charge I was terminated. They admitted to sexual harrassment. A month after I was fired the president fired management for wrongfully firing me and another. I have been fighting for unployment. I live in small area and believe when apply for jobs getting bad reviews. I did them a outstanding job and can not get any legal advice so far I'm getting very run down. What usually happens and what do I need to do?

1. David B. Puryear Jr.

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . There are many good reasons for you to feel frustrated by the justice system. Your complaint sounds like a legitimate one, but having to wait so long to have your complaint investigated is frustrating. It usually takes many months for the EEOC to complete an investigation. If you are invited to participate in EEOC-sponsored mediation, this may also take some time and can be a very intimidating experience in itself if you do not have an attorney. There are also lengthy delays occurring in the unemployment benefits process in North Carolina. You should continue seeking out an attorney who is experienced with sexual harassment and retaliation cases to advise you. Representation and counsel from a qualified attorney should help to speed your case to a final resolution.

2. Kirk J. Angel

Pro

1

1

Answered . I agree with Attorney Puryear. You should consult with an experienced employment attorney.

3. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . I've re-tagged your question so that employment attorneys who handle discrimination and sexual harassment cases will see it. This post does not present issues of Education law.