I am serving a 324 month sentence in federal prison for conduct FOUND to be; "in violation of Title 21 U.S.C. 841(a)(1)";

Asked over 1 year ago - State College, PA

WHERE, in the text of the Constitution, the Legislative History of PL: 91-513, or the Controlled Substance Act of 1970, 21 U.S.C. section(s) 801 through 904, does it confer federal jurisdictional authority for the executive and judicial branch of the government of the United States to arrest, prosecute, convict, and punish any person at random NOT REGISTERED/REGULATED whose conduct is alleged, admitted, or found to be; "in violation of Title 21, United States Code, Section 841(a)(1)? Inquiring minds want to know!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am uncertain if this is a rhetorical question expressing frustration with the system or if you are indeed questioning the right of a government to prosecute a crime. If you have a specific question about your particular case (e.g. the facts or the evidence involved) you should speak with your attorney or an appellate attorney and go over your concerns in detail.

    Stew Crawford Jr., Esq.

    Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm serving Pennsylvania and New Jersey

    223 North Monroe Street
    Media, PA 19063 (Philadelphia & Tri-State Area)

    E-Mail: appeal@subrolaw.us

    All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself,... more
  2. Robert C. Keller

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have a lot of time to contemplate the state of our system. Good luck.

  3. Jeremy Brian Gordon


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Congress has the authority to regulate drugs through its powers under the Commerce Clause, per the Supreme Court of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,568 answers this week

3,330 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,568 answers this week

3,330 attorneys answering