I am sending a demand letter for payment of a judgment, I am allowed to add on 10% interest, but is this daily, monthly, yearly?

Newport Beach, CA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

I am sending a demand letter for payment of a judgment, I am allowed to add on 10% interest, but is this daily, monthly, yearly? This was a labor , wage issue that resulted in a judgment. Please advise. THANK YOU! The judgment went to Orange County Superior Court, CALIFORNIA

Interest is 10% per annum. See my blog post entitled: "Calculation of Interest on California Judgment" at https://www.mrdaymude.com/calculation-of-interest-on-california-judgment/. While it pertains to calculation for purposes of a writ, it applies to the calculation you will make for your demand letter, too. Good luck.

SINCE 1974. My answers are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers assume California law. I am licensed in California, only. Answers must not be relied upon.<br> <br> Legal advice and counsel must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice and counsel during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us.<br> <br> The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential. I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo because I have answered or commented on a question. Specifically, I assume no duty to respond to any question, comment, telephone call, or email because of my participation.<br> <br> All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice or counsel in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for advice and counsel. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.<br> <br> Michael R. Daymude, Esq., Sherman Oaks Galleria – Comerica Bank Building, 15303 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 900, Sherman Oaks, CA 91401-6150. Telephone: 818.971.9409 • Website: mrdaymude.com

2. Ten percent per year.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

3. 10% annually