I am self employed and will be filing a chapter 7 soon, which 6 mos of bank records do they want to see business or personal?

Newburgh, NY |

I am unable to keep up with the payments on @20,000 of credit card debt and live in Newburgh, ny

1. Short answer: both.

Answers are provided for direction only; it is not a substitute for an office consultation.

2. Do not bankrupt on $20,000! That's ridiculous. Settle the debt instead and take a 1099.

3. It would have helped to know the form of your business. If incorporated or an LLC, the bankruptcy trustee may not wish to see the business bank records, but if you operate as a sole proprietorship, you are the business and there is no difference between business accounts & personal accounts. Hope this perspective helps!

4. The most recent 6 months of both business and personal bank records. You will also need to submit both business and personal tax returns, if filed separetely.

Small business topics