I am seeking civil rights attorney in OC - police witheld exculpatory evidence and violated civil rights.

Asked over 1 year ago - Irvine, CA

I am seeking an attorney who is can file suit against police department for violating civil rights (no phone call allowed) and witholding exculpatory evidence. Arresting officer states that no drug recognition expert was present, as he contradicted the findings of the arresting officer. The police refuse to hand over video tapes of the rooms, hallway, etc. I was arrested because of a disability with a blood alcohol level of zero. No previous tickets, never mind arrests. Cops ignored disability placard and my statements when informed of my disability.

I lost my job as a result of not being able to use the phone and cancel a business trip the next morning. Out of work for five months (x 10,000 a month) and I had to take a lower salaried job until charges were cleared. IPD receive grant funds for the experts, but this cop claims they do not use the experts. My career has been impacted as I cannot pass all background checks. He witheld drug expert's report because the expert would not cover for him. Disability placards clearly in the car one was expired and one current along with disability placard registration forms, can clearly hear me tell him I was disabled in the arrest videotape, but he insisted that I walk because I passed all of the upper body FSTs and he was certain I was drunk. Attorney fees to date 8500.00, since he charged me with carrying my own legal prescription medication.

1. Robert Pecco Baker

2

Answered . what are your damages? Were you injured?

2. Malosack Berjis

2

Answered . Did you suffer any kind of damages?

3. Stephen P Norman

Pro

2

Answered . Civil rights claim based on unlawful detention with Ada claim for failure to accommodate known disability. Some good precedent out there. You need a civil rights attorney. Could be a good case if they were aware or should have been aware of your disability. Ada claim has teeth since costs include expert fees.