I am seeking a lawyer who has experience in "Marvin" case law.

Asked about 1 year ago - Beaumont, CA

After 13 years, we are going through a divorce. Before we were married, we began looking for property to purchase. After looking at several properties, she found a property and entered into escrow, using the excuse that because of her job, she could get an huge discount if it was in her name. I liked the house and we moved forward with me paying the down payment at closing (which I can't prove except her declaring that in a letter). We moved in it together and were engaged in 45 days. We both paid the mortgage (it was deducted from her acct which I deposited into) and married 7 mos later. For 10 yrs, 2.5 of which, my wife was a stay at home Mom, I paid the lions share of our expenses. Now my wife is claiming I have no interest the 200,000 equity in the home. Only she is on title.

1. Antoinette Cara Liewen

3

Answered . Your case is not a Marvin case. Your case involves a determination of separate vs. community property as well as reimbursement issues. You need an experienced Family Law attorney.

2. Holly J Moore

Pro

2

Answered . Title does not determine whether you have an interest in the equity. If payments were made during the marriage with earnings (from either party) then you most certainly do have an Interest in the equity and may be entitled to reimbursement of the down payment as well.

3. John Henry Perrott

Answered . Your facts are "interesting" because they seem to track some of the elements of the case, Brooks v. Robinson. "Interesting" is a bad thing, since it may mean that your wife could have an argument. I think you should talk with a competent Family Law attorney.

4. Athina Karamanlis Powers

Pro

Answered . This is a very INTRESTING case. You case is not a Marvin case. You definitely need someone that understands financial issues economics accounting good faith bad faith by spouse and even fraudr