I am scheduled for trial but was refused arraignment. I represent myself. Is this not a violation of due process,

Fayetteville, PA |

I did not waive arraignment. The D.A. told me that I would be refused arraignment in open court unless I pled guilty. I did not plead guilty, was refused arraignment, & scheduled for trial. Does the trial court have subject matter jurisdiction to try me on a charge I was not arraigned on?

1. Representing yourself is the big mistake you are making. You obviously do not know criminal procedure or the law so you are putting yourself in a terrible position. If you cannot afford a private attorney then apply for a public defender.

2. If you cannot afford an attorney, seek representation through the public defender’s office. You are only doing yourself a disservice by trying to muddle through this on your own.

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
    223 North Monroe Street
    Media, Pennsylvania 19063
    877-992-6311
    www.crawfordlaw.org

E-Mail: crime@subrolaw.us

All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. Without the benefit a personal consultation to exploe all of the facts of your legal problem, the information in this posting may be inaccurate and for that reason it should not be relied upon. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.

3. I agree. No one can effectively advocate for themselves.

4. I thought teh setting of a bond was always required. However, since i don't know where Fayetteville is (by Gettysburg?), and i don't know the court system, you really need a local lawyer.