I am scared, My deferred action passed the 6 month time frame!

Asked over 1 year ago - Salinas, CA

So I applied for my deferred action and it was received August 31, 2012 and got my biometrics appointment October 3, and ever since I have not received an answer. I check my case online and it still says its on initial review, I am just worried. The 6 months have passed and still nothing. And I don't know if it is because for the initial entrance section I put the date from the second time I came here and haven't left which was back in 2002 I did not put that it was in 1998 because it was just for a couple months and did not have any prove to show but the shot sheet.

1. Marcia Irene Dore

4

Answered . Long delays are not unusual and the line is getting longer. You may call the 1-800 which pushes the file along - somewhat. It would not hurt to have an attorney (non-profit or private) look over the application for possible errors.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

3. Douglas A. A'Hern

3

Answered . Anytime you are providing information to the US government, it is imperative that you answer every request for information truthfully.

If the information you submitted before you sought counsel was not factually correct, you need to seek assistance from an attorney to correct the matter as soon as possible.

4. Jesus Novo III

2

Answered . I would get an infopass, however, it sounds like you did this application yourself and that is never a good idea, even if it is something "simple" such as a DACA application. Hire an attorney, and clean up the mess you may have made in your application.