I am resigning after 10.5 years. Should I include the reason for my decision if I plan on taking legal action?

Asked 7 months ago - Tempe, AZ

The bitter divorce between my sister and my boss, who is also the Pres. of the company, is being taken out on me. My boss has shared with me his sex life, in detail, and his encounters with pornography and massage parlors. He has derogatory nicknames for employees & regardless of complaints they still pray during meetings.
When his mother stepped in, I was demoted. My daughter was removed out from underneath my management because of their new no nepotism policy. Yet, my niece (her grand daughter)could still report to me. My niece has since resigned but is still on the payroll so that she can continue to receive benefits.
With the lack of support, reduced staff, increased workload, and threatening emails, I believe I am being set up to fail so they can terminate me or have me resign.

1. Darrel S Jackson

Pro

Answered . You've got a lot going on in your question. Some of the facts you describe would not give rise to a legal claim (e.g., implementing a no nepotism policy, and then making an exception for your niece). However, other facts might give rise to a claim (e.g., required prayer at meetings). You may want to consult in person with an employment attorney to get a careful evaluation. Good luck.