Skip to main content

I am pregnant and my boyfriend (Fiance) is in jail with immigration How can i get him out without paying the $10,000 bond?

Dallas, TX |

I am 6months pregnant now and we were planning to get married in December that way i can keep my insurance during the pregnancy. He has an immigration bond of $10,000 and I tried to get a bails bond to do it but in Tx you cnt use a house or land u live on as collateral (STUPID) so i dont have a credit card to help. Is there any way I can help him get out with out him having a bond since we are going to get married and he is the father of my baby? He has no charges they were all dropped and I paid off his tickets. He did come illegally and has had no problems here before and has worked with a company and other places.

He will have a court date even if he doesn't have a lawyer. I do not want to waste money on a lawyer when I can save that to bail him out if he gets a lower bail. Can I tell the immigration office anything to help me? I depend on him so much and I don't know what to do. He has been there for a little over 2 weeks now. He went from Grand Prairie to the Dallas immigration office and now he is In Johnson County Jail In Cleburn! I just want him out so badly and this stress and depression is no good with me being pregnant.

Attorney Answers 2


I would definitely file to request a bond redetermination hearing to attempt to lower the bond amount. However, depending on which judge he gets, the focus will be on what relief he has available to him. If he doesn't have relief other than voluntary departure, then it's possible that the Immigration Judge will leave the bond at $10k. I recommend that you coordinate a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer asap.

Best of luck.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


For additional information, please see:

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics