I am planning to move from PA to NY. My ex and I currently do not have a legal custody agreement. Can he stop me from moving?

Asked about 1 year ago - Mahanoy City, PA

He gets them every other weekend and the move would not change this. We have been divorced for almost 8 years.

1. Michael Kuldiner

Pro

4

Answered . It is possible. Take a look at our article on our blog. Speak to your attorney for further clarification.
    http://www.phillyesquire.com/child-relocation-i...

2. Randi Joy Silverman

3

Answered . If he objects to you moving with the children, he can file a Complaint and emergency Petition and the court will likely prohibit you from moving until there is a hearing or they may force you to return if you have already moved. It is best to follow the specific requirements in the custody statute before you move, so you will need to retain an experienced family law attorney to represent you with this matter.

3. Susan J. Vandegrift

Pro

1

Answered . He can't stop you from moving but he can possibly prevent the children from moving. The custody statute has detailed provisions pertaining to relocation. It may be wise to consult with counsel.