I am planning on marrying a woman who is illegally from Mexico she has been in the u.s for awhile but has no green card

Asked over 1 year ago - Charlotte, NC

what process do i need to do . Ive read some info on line but I'm trying to keep her from having to return to Mexico to get i . d for the marriage license will a passport work or is more needed please help thank you

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact you state authorities for specific information and documentary requirements for the marriage procedure. Depending on what you call illegal, she may need to return to Mexico at some point.

  2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Meet with an attorney. She may be eligible for a provisional waiver but she would have to return to Mexico. An attorney can discuss in detail what would be your best option.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
  3. Sasha O. Lazarevich-Sinnott

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Generally, if a person has entered the US illegally and then marries a US citizen they will need to apply for a waiver and then leave the US for a period of time before reentering legally.

    You will need to hire a qualified immigration attorney to assist you with this process.

  4. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact a local immigration lawyer about a waiver.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
One or more answers have been taken down.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,461 answers this week

3,166 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,461 answers this week

3,166 attorneys answering