I am planning on marrying a woman who is illegally from Mexico she has been in the u.s for awhile but has no green card

Charlotte, NC |

what process do i need to do . Ive read some info on line but I'm trying to keep her from having to return to Mexico to get i . d for the marriage license will a passport work or is more needed please help thank you

Meet with an attorney. She may be eligible for a provisional waiver but she would have to return to Mexico. An attorney can discuss in detail what would be your best option.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Contact you state authorities for specific information and documentary requirements for the marriage procedure. Depending on what you call illegal, she may need to return to Mexico at some point.

Generally, if a person has entered the US illegally and then marries a US citizen they will need to apply for a waiver and then leave the US for a period of time before reentering legally.

You will need to hire a qualified immigration attorney to assist you with this process.

Contact a local immigration lawyer about a waiver.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Recommended articles about Immigration