I am planing for F1 to persue MBA in US. I am on my 7th year of H1 (PERM filed not approved). Will PERM cause problems for F1.

I plan to study here with an intent not to immigrate and go back to my home country. I plan to stay out of US for 365 days before applying for my F1. I assume staying out of US for 365 days would reset my H1 clock. Also I do not plan on filing an I-140 in future, I filed the PERM just to get 7th Year H1 Extention.

Indianapolis, IN -

Find Out More

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

it may.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

To get an F-1, you must not have immigrant intent. A labor certification suggests immigrant intent.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Mr. Ferrari is correct ... where is your non-immigrant intent?

You can go ahead and 'try' to file a COS.

I would clearly NOT leave the US at all .. until the I-140/I-485 is filed.

Lalita Haran

Lalita Haran

Immigration Attorney - Carmel, IN

If you consult with an attorney you can make an informed decision. Best wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St ste 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174
www.haranlaw.com