I am permanent resident there four years, I can apply to my husband?

Asked 10 months ago - Framingham, MA

he came over by Mexico was not caught by immigration and has no letter of deportation.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, you can. However, if he entered the US unlawfully, he will have to return to Mexico to apply for a green card, and will probably need a "extreme hardship" waiver.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Kira Gagarin

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . This is a long process. Think about making a consultation to discuss what you would have to do and show. Good Luck.

  3. Levan Natalishvili

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . if he was not inspected then no

  4. Alexus Paul Sham


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Were you married in a state or country that recognizes same sex marriage. It is best for you to become a US citizen first but he will have to go back to Mexico to obtain his green card because of his illegal entry. Consult an immigration attorney.

    Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,408 answers this week

2,738 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,408 answers this week

2,738 attorneys answering