I am paying alimony to my shiftless, scheming ex husb. If I were to win 1, 10, 50 mil in the lottery, could he get any of it?

Hillsborough, NJ |

Let's assume the winnings occur after the divorce has been granted. Can the lying pig (I'm a little bitter) get any of those winnings?

If you're paying him child support, there could be some exposure to an increase.

The information posted by the Law Office of Jordan A. Stern on Avvo is not legal advice. Consult an attorney for advice regarding your situation. We invite you to contact us via phone, mail, fax and email. Contacting us or sending us information does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until we establish an attorney-client relationship. If you send us information before we establish an attorney-client relationship, that information is not confidential. The Law Office of Jordan A. Stern limits its practice to the State of New Jersey. Office hours by appointment. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. Our services related to credit defaults, mortgage foreclosures, eviction proceedings, excessive debt, debt collection pressure, or inability to pay any consumer debt may involve bankruptcy relief under Title 11 of the United States Code. Thanks. © 2011 Law Office of Jordan A. Stern LLC · All Rights Reserved.

2. If the lottery ticket was purchased after the granting of the divorce, then your ex-husband would not get any of it. He could always sue of course, but I doubt he'd be successful.

This is only an Avvo answer. I am not getting paid to give this response and am basing this response only on the information provided to me in the above question.

3. After you file the complaint for divorce. You are pretty safe from having to share the wealth. After the divorce you are definitely safe.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.