I am paying alimony and my divorce decree does not reference cohabitation, does my alimony end iif I can prove cohabitation

Asked over 1 year ago - Savannah, GA

I have emails from my ex's email account saying that her fiance is living with her and my son "most" of the time, back in December 2012. I have continued paying ever since. Can I seek a modification of my payments

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Glen Edward Ashman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Without reading your paperwork there is no way to answer you. Depending on the exact wording, you may or may not have an ability to seek modification. As modification is not retroactive, each day you delay in speaking to a lawyer is costing you Monday, so take your papers to a lawyer for review on Monday.

    If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,916 answers this week

3,176 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,916 answers this week

3,176 attorneys answering