Skip to main content

I am owed 12000.00 on back child support when my daughter turns 18 will my ex not be responsible for the back child support

Lamar, CO |
Filed under: Child support arrears

when my daughter turns 18 will my ex still have to pay back child support

Attorney Answers 1


He will likely still be responsible for the back support well after your child turns 18. Each month that he did not pay became a judgment against him and the judgments have interest calculated at 12% per year. You need to go to Child Support Enforcement if not to an attorney to get this sorted out.


Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics