I AM OUT OF COUNTRY AND MY WIFE HAS FILED RESTRAINING ORDERS AND MOVED OUT WITH ANOTHER PERSON. WHAT CAN I DO TO SAVE MY SELF?

Atlanta, GA |

I have come to know about my wife filing restraining orders against me as she has moved in with another person . My 2 kids are also with her , what can I do to save myself and my kids when I return back to the country . They have thrown all of my clothes and other belongings in my car . P Lease suggest how to get legal help and what is going to be the action . thanks

I am sorry that you are going through this. If you are out of the country during the time she has alleged you have caused the need for a restratining order then you shoul assemble that proof and bring it to a local GA attorney and he or she will fight to have the RO removed. Additionally, you need local counsel to protect yourself financially. Take care and work with a good local attorney.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

thanks for your reply

If the restraining order has been issued in your absence, you need to file a motion to lift the order. If only an ex parte order has been issued, you should have an upcoming court date that you can attend and defend against the issuance of the tpo. You will need the assistance of an attorney to handle this matter. Also, unless you are returning very soon, you need to make a trip back here to handle this now.

If your wife has moved in with another person, you may also need to consider filing for divorce. You will also need the assistance of an attorney to help you with this. Call me if I can be of assistance.

Allen R. Knox
125 TownPark Drive, Suite 300
Kennesaw, GA 30144
(678) 334-1399