I am on withholding of removal that was granted by the judge. Can I travel to Puerto rico ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

Is travelling to Puerto rico considered as ' leaving US " , can I travel between US mainland and Puerto rico while I am on withholding of removal ?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

1

Answered . Yes.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

3

Answered . Yes you can travel. DL is all that is required to travel there. However, if a plane is derailed to some other airport for maintenance or something you will have a hard time. Just keep it in mind.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Although PR is technically the US, it isn't a good idea to travel if all you have is withholding.

Talk to your lawyer.

4. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, you can travel to PR. No visa or passport is needed to travel to Puerto Rico from the USA. It is considered a domestic flight.

Occasionally, one may encounter Customs and Border Protection officers who may inquire as to whether you are a citizen. If this should happen, be prepared to show documents that you have legal presence in the U.S. But, because it is very rare, there is little need to be overly concerned.