I am on unemployment and am wanting to get a EIN to do afiliate marketing on line will this hurt my unemployment.

Mount Carmel, IL |

I didn't do this before I was layed off and have never had a EIN

If you have income from your new endeavor, you will probably disqualify yourself from unemployment. Make a decision what you want to do with your life. An EIN will not affect your UE one way or the other.

You do not necessarily disqualify yourself from unemployment by receiving wages. First, it must be wages for services performed. Distributions from a business and stock ownership do not count. Second, there is a formula to determine how much in wages you can be paid in a week to still remain eligible for unemployment. The formula looks at your weekly benefit amount and the wages you receive. Be careful, however. IDES is pursuing an aggressive mandate to combat unemployment fraud. Good luck!

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business