I am on the class action lawsuit against countrywide when can I expect the payout?

Asked over 4 years ago - Modesto, CA

deadline for the class action lawsuit was on 10-22=2009 when is the deadline for the payout?

1. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . Read your class action paperwork, it will have contact information for the class's lawyers and deadlines to opt in or out of the class, and you can contact the law firm representing the class for more information.

But be aware that any settlement usually takes a year or more and requires court approval, and the court isn't subject to any deadline, and you shouldn't expect any payout, as these cases usually result in the members of the class getting very little if any cash.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Steven Alan Fink

Answered . My colleague is correct. Don't hold your breath waiting for the small payout.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.