Skip to main content

I am on summary probation and need to move out of state for my job.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA |

I am court ordered for 52 weeks of child abuse classes. Can this class be transfer out of state? Can my summary probation be move out of state?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you "walk in" to court at 8am to the Criminal Clerks' office and request that your matter be heard, the clerk will send you to a Courtroom. Check in in that designated Courtroom. When your case is called, make a convincing argument why you need to move out of state and why the Judge should allow you to continue the class in an out-of-state program. It's up to the Judge. Ideally you should have a lawyer with you to make this request, but you may be able to do it and have your request granted on your own.

Good luck.


If by summary probation you mean informal there may not be any term that stops you from moving out of state however you will still need to deal with the classes. You should contact the attorney who originally represented you to discuss your situation and needs. Your lawyer should be able to assist you in making this request. If you have already started your classes you should obtain a letter indicating how many classes you have already attended. You should also find out if the program knows of any similar programs in the state that you are planning on moving too. Otherwise, you will need to research similar programs so you are able to present a similar program to the judge for consideration. I suggest talking with your lawyer before going in to try to do this yourself.

This is not legal advice nor does this information establish an attorney client relationship. In order to obtain legal advice one must consult with and retain an attorney.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer