I am on social security. and i belive a mistake was made in court please read my question in added details. as it relates

Asked over 1 year ago - Bakersfield, CA

I am on social security and share joint physical custody the judge assigned me the dependant exemptions and i pay 19 dollars child support I have come to find out I cannot file taxes so how do i go back and apply for the tactical 9 proposol that would make my ex wife pay me child support based on the dissomaster and judges remarks also since i cannot claim the kids can my exwife claim them without filing a 8332 form

1. David Andrew Mallen

3

Answered . A lawyer who handles social security benefits can help you and probably recommend a CPA or Tax Attorney who can answer your questions. This is not an easy question to answer on a public forum. Look on AVVO.com or call your County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral and Information Service. You may also be able to get advice from legal aid or other legal clinics in your area.

David Mallen

2. Clifford Michael Farrell

2

Answered . I will post this under other practice areas - this is a tax and/or family law issue, not Social Security. Best of luck to you.

3. John P Fazzio III

Pro

1

Answered . You need to consult with a divorce attorney as to any errors in the judgment entered in the divorce case. If you have joint physical custody, there should be an award of alternating dependency on tax returns.