Skip to main content

I am on social security. and i belive a mistake was made in court please read my question in added details. as it relates

Bakersfield, CA |

I am on social security and share joint physical custody the judge assigned me the dependant exemptions and i pay 19 dollars child support I have come to find out I cannot file taxes so how do i go back and apply for the tactical 9 proposol that would make my ex wife pay me child support based on the dissomaster and judges remarks also since i cannot claim the kids can my exwife claim them without filing a 8332 form

Attorney Answers 3


A lawyer who handles social security benefits can help you and probably recommend a CPA or Tax Attorney who can answer your questions. This is not an easy question to answer on a public forum. Look on or call your County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral and Information Service. You may also be able to get advice from legal aid or other legal clinics in your area.

Good luck.

David Mallen

David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific advice regarding your legal question, you should consult an attorney confidentially. Many experienced California labor and employment attorneys, including David A. Mallen offer no-risk legal consultations to employers and employees at no charge. David A. Mallen is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, as well as the California Labor Commissioner and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. Failure to take legal action within the time periods prescribed by law could result in the loss of important legal rights and remedies.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


I will post this under other practice areas - this is a tax and/or family law issue, not Social Security. Best of luck to you.

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You need to consult with a divorce attorney as to any errors in the judgment entered in the divorce case. If you have joint physical custody, there should be an award of alternating dependency on tax returns.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics